Peppermint these days has become a synonym for refreshment due to its cooling effect and aroma freshening. Peppermint has wide applications; it is used in culinary, health care, skin care and hair care. It is easy to cultivate and is available in almost all geographical terrain. This makes peppermint an obvious choice for many producers. It is indigenous to Europe and the Middle East, but its cultivation and uses are worldwide because it is easy to cultivate and has endless benefits. Peppermint oil benefits, when listed down, can make for a long list. Peppermint helps in cases of indigestion, headache, and migraine moreover during pregnancy, it helps in handling nausea and vomiting.
Here is some Peppermint oil Benefits :
1. Scientific experiments have cited that peppermint-based hair oil can promote hair growth.
2. It can make your strand stronger and thicker.
3. Peppermint oil prevents the scalp from flaking. It can also prevent hair loss during pregnancy.
4. Peppermint oil can also help fight lice or help in lice treatment.
5. Menthol, the primary ingredient of peppermint, has cooling effects that help reduce itchiness on the scalp; it is anti-inflammatory. Sweat and humidity can make your scalp oily and stinky; using a hair oil with peppermint as an ingredient can help get away with the greasy sensation and help develop a minty aroma for hair.
6. Menthol, a compound in peppermint, can help ease pain from headaches.
7. Peppermint is anti-bacterial, antioxidant that will help protect hair against pollutants in the surroundings. Minty aroma and sensation from peppermint helps you enjoy a mood upliftment.
8. Since hair oil stays on your scalp for a specific time, the effects of peppermint can be long-lasting, beneficial, and revitalizing; it will help pump more blood towards the hair follicle, helping you achieve luscious solid hair.
Peppermint based Shampoo and conditioner:
Peppermint hair oil, when paired with peppermint shampoo, can be invigorating. It is a hybrid of spearmint and water mint; this will help hydrate your hair and scalp and help you lock in the moisture. Most of us reside in humid locations; peppermint-based shampoo will help reduce the stench caused by sweating and leave behind the distinctive freshening aroma of mint.
How peppermint hair oil production happens:
Peppermint hair oil is an essential oil; this oil is extracted through the steam distillation process from the stem and leaves of the plant.
How to use peppermint oil:
1. Peppermint oil is available in the form of essential oil, 1-2 drops of the same can be used directly on one’s hair.
2. Its mixture is effective with other oils, such as Coconut oil, Castor oil, Jojoba, olive oil, Avocado oil, or even Rosemary oil.. Peppermint oil or its various combinations with other oil can be massaged on the scalp and rinsed after 15-20 mins.
3. When peppermint hair oil is paired up with peppermint shampoo and conditioner can help maintain healthy locks of hair.
Peppermint-based hair oil is the cherry on the cake in this world of self-care. It can provide you with strengthened hair along with other added benefits. Peppermint is the nourishment that you might be looking for for your alluring hair.