Christine Schrammek first developed BB creams in Germany. She used it as an alternative for her patients who have undergone microdermabrasion and peels, and it lefts the skin red and inflamed. Instead of applying heavy makeup to the skin, she offered her patients BB cream, which would somehow blur the indelible marks on their skin. Therefore, they can get some coverage, which is also tender for the skin. Due to its multifaceted nature, all the makeup artists and individuals have been raving about the same.
Afterward, the same formulas were absorbed by the experts in South Korea. They have successfully made notes of the ability of BB cream, which can transform skin easily.
What is BB cream?
If you’re a foundation lover, it can be an alternative. It offers light coverage while being tender to the skin. Whether going to a black-tie party or attending an office meeting, it can do wonders by smoothing your skin and instantly covering the flaws.
How to pick the best BB creams?
All BB creams are not for the same purpose, and they may differ in inconstancy. There are pigmented, opaque, and lightweight veil options when choosing a BB cream, and it may function similarly to a tinted moisturizer.
- According to a makeup artist, dialing up the dewy look needs to be mixing your BB cream with your regular face oil and moisturizer. It will change the entire finish from dewy to dewiest.
- For dry skin, you need to choose a moisturizing formula.
- For acne-prone skin, go for mattifying options or non-comedogenic formula.
Tips for applying BB cream
- Take a small amount of cream and place the same on your face. Now, rub it slowly with your fingers till it diminishes.
- You can also use a damp beauty sponge for buffing and blending the product into your skin. However, you can also use your fingers to blend. Ensure your fingers are clean before applying in circular motions.
- You can apply a brush first and then tap a beauty blender to lift away any excess product.
Things to know while using BB Cream
- You should use a moisturizer while using it. To thin out the consistency, a moisturized base would do the job.
- You should apply a thin layer of sunscreen beforehand, even if the BB cream contains SPF. You can also apply moisturizer to keep your makeup in place.
- Those concerns might poke through a lightweight BB cream if you’re dealing with dark under-eye circles, discoloration around the nose, or blemishes. Keep the look breathable and avoid piling on a product by applying concealer only on those targeted areas: Lightly tap the concealer into place with a sponge or the tip of your finger.
Woo, you just learned about BB cream and its use while doing makeup or covering your flaws. It will be a full-fledged journey if you complete your learning journey by reading more skincare-related blogs on our website. To learn more, visit our website today.